10 Steps to a Professional Driver
- Contact the DVLA by emailing gov.uk and requesting a D2 provisional application form and a D4 medical form.
- Arrange a medical direct with your doctor, or we can help and arrange a medical for you.
- Take the D4 medical form with you for the doctor to fill out
- Apply for a provisional licence and send your completed forms with your current licence and your D2 and D4 to DVLA SWANSEA SA99 1BR
- While you are waiting for your licence to return, revise for your theory and hazard perception tests. Training material can be purchased from WH Smiths or online at www.dsa.co.uk
- Receive your provisional licence and take a theory test along with a hazard perception test.
- Contact Torpedo Training for a free driving assessment or a 'meet and greet'.
- Arrange with your instructor a training package to suit you
- Conduct training and complete a DVSA driving test
- Start a new career as a professional driver earning from £500 a week
Torpedo Training can also offer individuals and companies:
- Digital tachograph training for all LGV/HGV/PSV vehicle categories within Plymouth and the Southwest
- Defensive driving courses usually lasting two days, for companies who would like to reduce their fuel consumption
- Driving assessments for recruitment purposes or to help reduce accidents
- Refresher training days for someone who has not been behind the wheel for a while
- CPC Module 4 Training and Test (Test done 'in house' - please see the next page)
- CPC 35 Hour Periodic Training - please see the next page
- Job prospects for newly qualified drivers